LED Bulb cost

Yes, LED lighting prices are dropping fast, but not for every product. The Philips screw-in bulb that I bought a little over a year ago at HD for $44 is now $25 and the retrofit downlight kits (Cree and many others) have dropped from $100 to $35. It's the market at work and nice to see, but you still have to watch out for the junk stuff. And do compare the lumen and color values so you get what you want.
Tomsic
On 11/8/2012 2:33 AM, snipped-for-privacy@easy.com wrote:

Lowes now have a 60w replacement for $9.98. The lowest price for a 60w. I put up 4 in the basement.

equivalent light bulb and it was $15. Why is there such a difference in price between LED flashlights and light bulbs?

Actually pretty close if the flashlights are 1 watt.
On 11/7/2012 12:25 PM, jon van duinen wrote:

equivalent light bulb and it was $15. Why is there such a difference in price between LED flashlights and light bulbs?

And you can buy one LED flashlight for a lot more too. The ones you bought use older inexpensive less efficient LEDs.
Bulbs need dropping resistor, diode, and whatever other parts.
I just bought a 5 pack of 9 led flashlights for $5. I looked at a 60W equivalent light bulb and it was $15. Why is there such a difference in price between LED flashlights and light bulbs?
On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:25:52 -0800 (PST), jon van duinen
equivalent light bulb and it was $15. Why is there such a difference in price between LED flashlights and light bulbs? Simpler current control for one - larger sales volume for another - and no regulation like UL to meet.