Leaky Electrical Wire

The wire cord on my refrigerator is leaking electricity. I keep seeing electric dripping to the floor and it sparks when it hits the floor. I put some plunbers puddy on the wire but it still dripped out. Then I tried cauck and that did not work either. Today I wrapped duck tape on it but it still drips. The sparks are making the floor rot where they drip. What can I do to stop this?
George
georgeh6026@___gmail.com wrote:

take your meds?

georgeh6026@___gmail.com wrote in news:3qkak2d7ahbbehunrfcdcd9l19n6ohooph@ 4ax.com:

That's the problem. You use cheap ass WalMart duck tape. You need official ducT tape
http://i13.tinypic.com/2nvymfk.jpg

This is a rather common mistake. Plumbers putty is for pipe, not wire. You need electricians putty. It's sold right next to the wirenut wrenches and wire stretchers.
-Tim
Tim Fischer wrote:

Also, sometimes the discrete logic flip-flop circut can overload the 10 cajillion picofarad capaictor that is wired in parallel with the compressor. This can often cause excessive backpressure in the polarized electrical ions, which can leak out through the strain relief and often can end up causing the problem you speak of.
As most people recommend electricians putty, which can be a good short term fix, the way i would approach it is to partially remove the plug from the wall and connect the two pins with a butterknife. This will purge the excessive backpressure of the ions causing the leak to slow. After that i would attempt to tip the refrigerator over onto yourself, although this would not allow me to post these types of responses....
Josh
061029 2151 - Tim Fischer posted:

put a bulb back in before you turn on the switch.
Don Young

<snip more energy loss>

Replace the cord and be done with it. Otherwise you're just wasting electricity.
-zero
georgeh6026@___gmail.com wrote:

For you, unplug the cord. Or put a sheet of Al. foil inderneath so the electricity will bounce back into the wire. Or put a box of cat litter underneath the wire.
georgeh6026@___gmail.com wrote:

Use Baking Soda. Heloise says that fixes everything.
georgeh6026@___gmail.com wrote:

Put a pan under the leak and catch the electricity and pour it back into the socket. It helps to hold on to a copper water pipe while you do this to keep one hand grounded ;)
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

georgeh6026@___gmail.com wrote:

G:
Put a bucket under the wire and set the collected electricity out for the meter reader. They'll dump it back in at the generator.
Cordially yours: G P
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu spake thus:

Except that that won't work, since, as we all know, all the electricity you collect under the fridge will be *static* electricity. You have to take it to your local power company and have them run it through one of their substations to turn it into normal juice.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really