Leaking Water Coupling Question

Hello,
Have a Union that leaks a very small amount on the incoming water line to the house.
Really a small amount, a few drops if someone takes a long shower.
Maybe I shouldn't call it a Union, as it is not the kind of coupling with a spherical seat and no gasket.
This one has flat mating internal surfaces with a gasket between them. I saw this when the water company man put in the new pressure reducer a while back.
Anyway, I can certainly live with a few drops, but it is annoying. I reallyt don't want to call a Plumber in just for this.
I was thinking about hydraulic cement. Would a very thin smear of this stuff where it is leaking on the outside do any good ?
Or,... ?
Thanks, Bob
Add pictures here
✖
Robert11 wrote:

Tighten it slightly. If that doesn't fix it, call a plumber, or disassemble it yourself and replace the gasket.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

No chance in hell. It's also a bit curious that you say it's the main line but it only leaks when someone is taking a long shower?
Go with Nate's advice or leave it alone.

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 12, 8:00 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

CONDENSATION?
Is it possibly condensation on a cold water pipe?
Cold water coming in from a cool underground pipe ar say 45 to 50 degrees F.
Then warm moist hose air condensing on the outside of the pipe as cold water flows and 'slight drips' are actually condensation?
Just a thought!. We run a dehumidifier inour basement certain times of theyear and it removes a certain amount of moisture. So there is never enough in ours to cause condensation on cold surfaces; so just a suggestion!
Add pictures here
✖

That's a good point; I remember at my parents' house you could see the whole pipe sweating where it came into the house. Of course they had a well not city water. Put insulation around the whole thing up to the accumulator tank and that took care of it. For some reason the pipes would sweat but the tank wouldn't.
I just ASSumed since he localized it to the union that that was actually the problem; if it were condensation he'd see it along the whole length of pipe from the service entrance to wherever it warmed up enough not to condense anymore.
nate
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds like the "meter coupling", which would have a rubber washer in the middle which is replaceable. Should be available at any well- stocked hardware store.
JK
Add pictures here
✖