Leaking flapper valve

I am getting a deposit on my flapper valve over time and it is causing it to leak.
If I clean it the leak stops.
It is a dark reddish color.
I think it is an iron deposit. And there is also some sand deposits also.
Any way to slow it down or clean it more easily ?
Thanks, Andy
On 1/2/2016 9:43 PM, Andy wrote:

Whole house water filter or possibly a water softener would get rid of some solids. Fine rust can wear faucet washers quickly. When I moved into this house I'd change the Delta seals every six month and after adding a sediment filter they went for 20 years.
On 1/2/2016 9:43 PM, Andy wrote:

I have a well and a whole house sediment filter which picks up iron and grit. Some things deposit over time, so it is not a complete cure. You could put one in yourself and I only need to change filter every 6 months for a few dollars.
Frank:
You mean a few HUNDRED dollars. We have an e-Spring water filter under our kitchen sink, and replacemenf filters currently go for $450 a pop.

What makes it better than the $10 carbon filters I use? I use maybe 2 or 3 a year.
I see it is an Amway product. My water would have to be really bad before i spend $1100 for the setup and $450 a year instead of $30.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Of course some water treatment system can cost 50K grand like my friend's well water coming from 250 feet down. What is the 450.00 a pop filter made of? Does it have gold lining or some thing? Some one needs to have their head examined.