Leaking Dishwater

Our 5 years old whirlpool dishwasher Model#GU940SCGQ3 and serial # FK4513410 leaks from under the door when it is going through normal cleaning cycle.

My question is how step by step I can isolate the problem rather by hit and trial. I will appreciate the help. Thanks, Najumee

Reply to
Najumee

G'day,

You would have to do the same things as an appliance tech would do...observe/test/check...water level too high, split in spray arm, pump cover loose, door gasket torn, door hinges bent, etc.

There is a manual available for your d/w....would likely help :)

dishwasher repair manual. Most models, built-in & portable, porcelain or plastic liner.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

This doesn't answer your question as far as a technique to troubleshoot the problem with, but I thought I'd share a recent solution to the same problem...

Mine was simple. It has a plastic tub and a small molded ridge (a seam?) runs along the middle and across where the door gasket contacts the tub. I sanded the ridge down and the leak went away.

This was after 2 months of service calls by an applicance repair co.

Reply to
MrC1

Not sure what "Under the door" means, but step one (if you haven't already) is to see if the leak is from the tub (indicating an improper door seal, most likely) or the equipment underneath (indicating one of a myriad of other problems).

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer