Leaking AC Coil Unit...please help.

Has anyone everheard of this problem? My coil is in the addict and has been leaking due to the increase in humidity lately. I have noticed that what seems to be happening is that the insulitation is rubbing up against the coil, collecting water, and dripping outside the pan. Is this common? It is a 2 year old unit. How can I fix this? Do I just rip out the insulation?
Thanks. - SROD
Clean the coils and the drainpan and see what happens. As long as it isn't freezing into ice on the coils it is normal. Does the frainpan have a coil in it or an electric heater or does it drain out a line?
candice
Hi CLSSM00X7, hope you are having a nice day
On 14-Jul-03 At About 19:49:39, CLSSM00X7 wrote to All Subject: Re: Leaking AC Coil Unit...please help.
C> From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (CLSSM00X7)
C> Clean the coils and the drainpan and see what happens. As long as it C> isn't freezing into ice on the coils it is normal. Does the frainpan C> have a coil in it or an electric heater or does it drain out a line?
C> candice
You have no idea what you are talking about here. electric drain heaters??
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - s.w.