Leak at electrical feed to well

Hi

I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical service to my well. The pipe is below grade. Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak. I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Thank you

Reply to
scbody

Greetings,

Maybe you should be asking yourself why the conduit is leaking instead of how to plug it up so that it stays filled with water. Otherwise you might try some duct seal.

William

Reply to
William.Deans

Condensation is one thing. In that case where moisture from warm air condenses in conduit to underground limit switches, etc. I just squirt a whole tube of silicone rubber up the conduit.

But if you get constant dripping or dribble, you may have a breach in the conduit that should be fixed.

Reply to
David Efflandt

we're on city water. thoughts: consider geothermal digging and additional circuits for your backyard if you are digging. also is it time to upgrade the water pipe while you're in the ground.

Reply to
buffalobill

Gentlemen Thank you very much for your thoughts. You are correct that I should be thinking why, not how, but that will have to wait until the spring. The silicone and duct seal seem like good ideas, perhaps I'll try both !! Thank you

Reply to
scbody