Laying Keystone blocks - how to handle curve (upper levels)?

You could lay the second course from the middle of the easily-seen curves, outwards. Then cut or trim where they meet between the curves. Or just don't get hung up on the issue, and tolerate the mismatches.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

Cut the block. Only way to do it.

RicodJour

I'd appreciate some help on my Keystone block garden wall. It's going to be

3 courses high. I laid a good foundation course and now am starting the second course. I discovered that on the curves, because the Keystones are setback, they get progressively offcenter as you go around the curve. It creates an "extra length"

How do I account for the "extra length" on the second course curve for the setback Keystone blocks, so i can get all the blocks centered over the lower seam?

Reply to
Airkings

For only 3 courses and unless the curves are really sharp I can't see that the offsets are going to be enough to matter. The joints won't line up vertically by will be offest on a slant somewhat but if you start from the same end each time, that slant will remain constant and thus part of 'design'.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Actually, the offset will change as the change in chord length due to the block setback is cumulative.

RicodJour