Lawn Mower

Page 3 of 3

Or the days before that when after the grass was cut ya killed and ate your mower.
"don &/or Lucille" wrote in message
Looking for informed opinions on Troy Bilt lawn mowers. Have the opportunity to purchase a couple of different models on sale. Both are in models with Honda 160cc motors. One is a push the other is a self propelled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Honda makes good motors, and 99.9% of a lawn mower is the motor.
Troy Bilt, as a brand, is pure shit, and I wouldn't buy anything with their name on it. Most of their stuff is made by MTD, and calling them shit is an insult to shit.
You probably won't go wrong with one of their mowers, especially if the price is right. The self propelled is a bit more complex, and eventually it will need parts replaced. You'll have a hard time doing that with this brand.
Still, most likely you'll see a decade or more of good use.
CS
On 4/19/2012 5:40 PM, CS wrote:

LOL. My Troy Bilt 6.75 hp has been trouble free for 8 seasons now. The *only* things I've done is sharpen the blade and fill it with petrol. I guess I hit the lottery. :)
Jim

I hope you change the oil once and awhile.
First home we owned, had a new neighbor in a corner house who previously lived in an apartment for his entire life. He bought a new mower, filled it with gas, went on his merry way cutting the gas until the engine seized due to no oil. Brought it back, got another one, did the same thing. Third mower was the charm. He was not a native speaker of English, doubt if he understood the instructions.