Lawn Boy bagging blade

Is there a suitable after-market blade for a Lawn Boy Insight series walk- behind mower that is optimized for bagging? It's about 20.5" long. Like most mowers nowadays the OEM blade is optimized for mulching and the suction in a bagging situation is a bit sub par. On other mowers one could buy an alternative blade but Lawn Boy doesn't offer one. Obviously it would have to be of high quality, well balanced, and the same mounting.

Reply to
Big Giant Head

Did you check your manual real well & look at similar Lawn Boys? Just wondering if Lawnboy does the same as Honda? My mower is a HRM215. I bought it used with a bag & mulching blade. HRB215 is same mower with bag & high lift blade.

I've had the mower 3-4 years and have always had the mulching blade and always thought the bagging feature was mediocre. I just bought a bagging blade -- and pressure washed the bag- and I can't believe it's the same machine.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Good idea but they're all described as "3-in-1" mowers (mulching, rear bagging, side discharge) and only one blade is in the parts list. I think LB is missing the boat by not offering an optional blade or alternate model. Not *everyone* wants to mulch.

Reply to
Big Giant Head