Laser Chalk Line

I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they use lasers instead of a chalk line so you don't have to worry about covering up your chalk line with this that and the other... I have looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.
Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.
Regards, Ed
Probably any of the cheap laser levels will do.
Your only need is for one that will project a line on a surface.
I have used one many times for this and wouldn't do it any other way. I have the one from straightline that is shaped like a tape measure.
If you are doing something complicated like an "L" shaped room, there are ones that project two lines at 90 degrees.

If you laid the floor down on its side, it would be just like a floor. But if you flipped it up, you'd call it a ceiling. The laser does not really care.
I just went through looking for one myself. I went over $100 but the extra $30 was worth is for a pole stand.
Under $100, I would get the Black and Decker CrossFire. http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductIDx59 It has both vertical and horizontal lines and it auto leveling. Autoleveling was the feature I wanted most and highly recommend. You just put it down and it finds vertical and horizontal, no hassles!
For doing floors, just put the unit lower to the ground and use a vertical line. Its vertical throw is about 90 degrees, so at a foot or so off the ground, you are going to get a pretty long line.
Bernie

Ed wrote:

good god man, just pop some lines on the floor and send me the extra savings.
don't use red chalk.
I chalk minez all the time. The chalk sets into the thinset, and is ultimately far beneath the grout.
Send me that extra money!!! :O