Large Door Striker Plate

I installed fluted casing on a new door using a standard reveal. The door bolt contacts the casing before it actually hits the brass striker plate, and will very soon damage the molding.

I have looked around and can't find any striker plates wider than about 1

7/8". Anyone know of a source that has wider (longer?) striker plates? I can't really make the reveal any larger without it looking funny.
Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Almost any metal shop (and some locksmiths) can fabricate for a few dollars any striker plate you want.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I had the same problem some years ago. Quick trip to the local hardware store for a nice piece of sheet brass stock. Cut it to size, drilled 4 small holes for brass nails, and simply tacked it in place. Worked great.

Reply to
professorpaul