Laminate on staircase: glue or nail ?

I spoke to 4 contractors, and 2 of them think that glue will not hold laminate because the bottom serface of laminate is not glueable, while the other 2 think that nails won't work because they will tear thru the laminate (after all it is not as hard as wood).

Both are wrong. Laminate is as hard or harder than wood, but because of the structure, nails probably would not hold very well. The fibers are not there to grab like wood.
My stairs have Wilson Art laminate on them. I used the WA adhesive. They have been in place for 7 years without a single nail and they are in perfect condition. Nothing moved, nothing came loose. The bullnose is also glued in place.
I can't speak for other brands, but this worked for me. Check with the maker of what you have.
Anyone ever use laminate on a counter top?
Just wondering about the pros and cons...
--
CathyLee
They neigh I pay

water damage