Laminate flooring as kitchen countertop

I did and reported on it sometime back. I put a sliver in a glass of water and left it for three weeks (replinishing the water from time to time). I checked the results with a caliper accurate to 0.001 inches.

The soaked material was 0.004 inches thicker than the virgin material. I've also tried to drive a finishing nail into it, attacked it with a wood rasp, and offered other insults. That shit is impervious.

They ought to cover the space shuttle with it or make bullet-proof vests from the stuff.

Reply to
HeyBub

And all the crud that washes into the joints every time you clean the counter. YUCK!

That's always been my objection to tiled countertops and back splashes. I find it hard to believe that no matter how much well you seal the grout it won't still get all nasty with the stuff that ends up on kitchen counters.

I've got a deck table with fake grout lines and you can't just wipe it off. You have to clean each grount line individually. I'd hate to have to do that everytime I wiped down the kitchen counter and I can't imagine that my kids would be as fastidious as I am.

Reply to
DerbyDad03