Laminate floor on stairs

I put laminate floor in basement. Now I want to put laminate also on stairs leading to basement. I talked to a sales rep and she showed me the model and said it does not look good and they in general don't put laminate on stairs.
Alexander Galkin wrote:

floors (split level), and I used a piece of regular oak stair step bullnosing at the edge. I don't see any reason why that couldn't be done with multiple stair steps.
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome