Laminate countertop

I want to put new countertops in a kitchen. The counters currently have a coat of paint on them, but I want to put down WilsonArt laminate. My question is, will the glue fail to adhere to the paint? Or will it disolve the paint and cause the laminate to break loose in some short time frame?

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
seniorgeezer

Have you tried to remove the old laminate? Usually when it gets a decade or more old it will pop right off. Them you can rough up the substrate and glue on the new stuff.

Reply to
gfretwell

i certainly wouldn't glue it to paint. set a hot pot on there and the paint melts and voila, a mess.

Reply to
roger61611