A/C filter restriction question

I have a 3 year old Trane XR 80 furnace with a coil for CAC. The furnace came with one of those cleanable filters. I have tried in the past those 3M allergan filters and I think they restrict the air more than the stock filter, which might (or might not) affect the cooling of the house. I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed any performance difference when using these allergan filters. It seems that if I use my stock cleanable filter I will get more airflow and might cool the house better.

Reply to
Mikepier

The balancing act is that a more restrictive filter keeps the air cleaner through the coil. If the coil gets clogged with dust, it's expensive to have it removed and cleaned. I'd vote a better quality filter, and cleaner air.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon