Lakewood fan bearings ran dry

I have a 21" Lakewood "high velocity" fan which I bought from Sam's (US). After about 8 months in service, it slowed down dramatically one day. I disassembled the motor, and found that the bearings were completely dry. No response from the manufacturer so far. It cost about 30USD, so there's not much point in sending it back. It has a shaft about 5/8" in diameter, plain bushings (I can't tell whether they were supposed to be Oilite), and thrust washers assembled from an assortment of washers. The bearing assemblies are shrouded in pressed steel cups about 1 1/2" in diameter. The assemblies are clean and dry, and show no sign of ever having any form of grease on them anywhere. Can these be relubricated? Should they be packed to insure a supply of lubricant?

Unless they are sealed, the lube may leak and cause other problems. OTOH, so what as it is trash if you don't do something I'd put a bit of good grease and give it a try, but I'd probably not pack them
Considering the price, don't expect to much in the way of quality bearings. A good set will come close to the cost of the entire fan.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info