Kitchen undercabinet lighting - low-voltage halogen or xenon?

Looking for undercabinet lighting - looking at 12V halogen from Juno or maybe Xenon. Can anyone offer guidance ? I'm Googled out ;)

alan

Reply to
Alan Strassberg

I've wondered about the 12V stuff from

tubes, for lighting cases.

Annoyingly, they seemed to have stopped stocking white. They claim to be getting a bigger range soon, but the price of around

3.20 for 2*12" tubes that run from 12V is good. They produce a decent amount of light too.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Six of one...

The light is slightly different from each, but the fixture types play a bigger part in the look. Halogen *may* be easier to find replacement bulbs for.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Maybe you should try a "better" search engine Google sucks

Reply to
Adam

Halogen bulbs get much hotter than a Xenon bulb does. attractive rope lighting from "Ambience Lighting" works the best.

Reply to
Adam

How about backing your claim with an alternative instead of just criticizing?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

For efficiency Flouresent are 75 - 80 more efficient . T 8 bulbs come in different temps that can have good color.

Reply to
m Ransley

"Adam" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I just saw a LED under-cabinet lighting in Pop Mechanics,sold at Wal- Mart.$25 USD

Not anything fancy,though.Nor flexible.

I can think of some better ways of using LEDs for under-cabinet lighting,too.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I dought you saw LEDs for 25$ , probably just small bulbs. Plus Clear Leds are no more efficient than incandesant , apx 17 LPW

Reply to
m Ransley