Kitchen undercabinet lighting - low-voltage halogen or xenon?

    Looking for undercabinet lighting - looking at 12V halogen     from Juno or maybe Xenon. Can anyone offer guidance ?     I'm Googled out ;)
                alan

I've wondered about the 12V stuff from http://www.ebuyer.com / Cola-cathode tubes, for lighting cases.
Annoyingly, they seemed to have stopped stocking white. They claim to be getting a bigger range soon, but the price of around 3.20 for 2*12" tubes that run from 12V is good. They produce a decent amount of light too.
On Tue, 11 May 2004 21:34:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@bolt.sonic.net (Alan Strassberg) wrote:

Six of one...
The light is slightly different from each, but the fixture types play a bigger part in the look. Halogen *may* be easier to find replacement bulbs for.
Jeff
(Alan

Halogen bulbs get much hotter than a Xenon bulb does. attractive rope lighting from "Ambience Lighting" works the best.

I just saw a LED under-cabinet lighting in Pop Mechanics,sold at Wal- Mart.$25 USD
Not anything fancy,though.Nor flexible.
I can think of some better ways of using LEDs for under-cabinet lighting,too.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Maybe you should try a "better" search engine Google sucks

How about backing your claim with an alternative instead of just criticizing?
Mike
For efficiency Flouresent are 75 - 80 more efficient . T 8 bulbs come in different temps that can have good color.