Kitchen Plumbing

I am in the process of rebuilding my kitchen wall since the existing plumbing was going through the cabinets. The new wall will be 4" thick so I can run my plumbing through the wall and get the full use of my NEW cabinets. Now I've got the wall up, I need to know if I need to vent my plumbing for the sink and dishwasher.. I've got 1.5" ABS sloping down along the new wall to the existing ABS in the wall directly beside it. Should I run straight up from the sink area and across the new wall back into the same drain line but 5 feet higher with a T? Since there was no existing loop vent, I'm not sure I need the line going up and across.
(see below) O=Sink
old and current setup--> | vent | | | O--DW-----------------| |
vent | <--is this right and/or necessary? /--------------------| | | | | \\O----DW-------------| sink |
Any input or help is greatly appreciated - I'm in Toronto, ON Area BTW.
IanP wrote:

Definitely vent it. Especially with a DW draining into the same line. I can't quite picture the layout of the trap(s) but the vent must protect both sink and DW.
And I wouldn't use a Studor air-admittance valve; you have the wall open so do it right.
Jim
you describe circuit venting like at: http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/BldgConst/Plumbing01/lessonmain.asp?iNum=fra0309