Kitchen flooring

What type of flooring do you have in your kitchen & or dining room? What are the pro's & con's about it?
Trying to decide on flooring. Have one rather large Rottie, and no little kids around (no, he didn't eat the kids!). What type of flooring would you recommend?
Thanks
On 12/20/2011 5:18 PM, Curt wrote:

and NO GROUT. Strip every couple of years and reapply shiny finish, damp mop once in a blue moon. We had tile in other rooms, but grout likes to grap greasy little spills, and sometimes difficult to remove.

I recently put in a tile floor in the kitchen with an under-floor heating mat. Waking up on cold days with a warm floor is a pleasure that's hard to describe. I think it was a pretty good investment.