Kitchen drain cleaning

Yesterday, a friend asked my help, to clear a kitchen drain. Sure, but on Monday. I went and looked. Two basin sink, with the necessary drain, J trap and such. Plastic drain tubing. There is a Fernco coupler, and then the drain, with a slight pitch. The drain goes out, some where. I didn't go trace the drain line.
The HO and I unhooked the drain, with the threaded nut. Let the water out of the sinks. Loosen the clamp on the Fernco.
I managed to run the drain snake in, maybe eight feet or so. Came out with a LOT of light colored grease, on the last three or so feet of snake. One of these, but no drill attachment: http://www.harborfreight.com/25-ft-drain-cleaner-with-drill-attachment-66262.html
Put the drain back together, and pour in some water. No joy, not draining. I went home and got some lye crystal drain opener. No joy. He had two plungers, I tried those. He tried boiling water. No joy. Still standing water.
I had another call. I left, and came back. We took the drain apart. Again. This time, I ran the snake until I hit a hard stop. Not going any more. This time, the drain runs. He insisted on put some lye crystals in, and a load of hot water. The lye fumes nearly killed us both, and got his wife, too. But, the drain runs freely, now.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Aren't you going to blame the fumes on Obama?
On 11/11/2013 9:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Nope. His guys probably outlawed lye as too powerful. The lye stuff from Home Depot was probably made during the Bush environmental nightmare years.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Exactly. Obama replaced lye with lie.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hmm, I have to ask this question now after all this time. Are you Jack of all and Master of none? Really what are you? Licensed electrician? HVAC tech., plumber, carpenter, mechanic?
On 11-11-2013, 23:25, Tony Hwang wrote:

Mormon
--
Wes Groleau

“Brigham Young agrees to confine himself to one woman,
On 11/12/2013 12:10 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

I've got a few titles, including Hey You, and Brother Young. I had the feeling he as asking about employment.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/11/2013 11:25 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Mostly just up to my eyes in debt, and need anything that pays money. It's the Obama economy, you know. Massive depression.
My real title is locksmith.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Tony Hwang wrote:

He's a handyman, as are a lot of us here.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 11/12/2013 9:06 AM, willshak wrote:

Yes, well said. I'd be working at one of my trades, if there was work. But, no. Just have to do what I can to get by.
--
.
Christopher A. Young