Kitchen appliances

Page 2 of 2

I've been very happy with Kitchen Aid brand over the years. Whirlpool family brands seem to be a bit better than Frigidaire family brands.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have been happy with GE or Whirlpool brand. I always get what I can tackle for repairs. The more bells and whistles the more trouble it seems. This house contains all Whirlpool in the kitchen and laundry room. After 15 years or so no major repair was need on any.

Start with Consumers Reports. They've got repair stats from thousands of owners, many brands, models and types. Interesting that some of the high-end brands have the worst repair history. I ended up using all GE Profile appliances for a new house 7 years ago -- washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave. No repairs needed so far except for a door seal on the washer. Went with white finish and stainless for the stove top; no regrets. One bonus is the low noise level for the Profile line. We noticed that with the fridge, dishwasher, washer and dryer.
Tomsic
Curt wrote:

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/appliances.html and I'd get avocado green, it should be coming back around in style pretty soon.

I've always had good luck with Whirlpool and Kenmore and I think Whirlpool makes some of Kenmore's stuff.

Whirlpool is Kenmore, Roper, Kitchen Aid. Maytag, Amana Jenn Air and some others. There may only be 2 "American" manufacturers these days (GE being the other one) although neither really make much here.
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:53:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Kenmore is Sears. Not all are Whirlpool (some we looked at are obviously LG).

Though at least one "foreign" manufacturer (Electrolux - also Frigidaire, Kelvinator, Eureka,...) does manufacture appliances here.
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:53:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:36:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Electrolux has several manufacturing plants in the US.
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:36:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Frigidaire used to have a plant in Canada as well as four in the US. I know one has been closed, but I thought others were still working.

As I noted in another post, Frigidaire is owned by Electrolux and, yes, they do have manufacturing plants in the US (Georgia and Tennessee and perhaps some others).

for a RAPIDLY shrinking list of home appliances made in America.
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:53:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Frigidaire (now owned by Electrolux) makes some of the Kenmore products also. Roper used to make some of their gas ranges, but I don't know if they still do.
Most of the appliance companies have been bought, moved, closed, re-branded and re-named so often it is difficult to keep track. Philco went out of business in the 1960's or so, but I see the name used once in a while for some rebranded stuff.
I used to sell to: Edison Electric, White Westinghouse, White Consolidated Industries, Frigidaire, and Electrolux. Same company, just new owners and names over the years.
They also made Norge, Crosley, and a few other brands that I don't recall right now . Same product, different stickers.

strictly a licencing agreement.Same as RCA.And a whols slew of other "American" brands.
On 11/23/2011 11:01 AM, Curt wrote:

watch the line wrap, when I put <> on the link, it won't send
We use stainless steel wipes - removes fingerprints, cleans, polishes
<http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw#q=stainless+steel +wipes&hl=en&site=webhp&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop &tbo=u&sa=X&ei=-0HOTqDOF6yGsgKD_4XWDg&sqi=2&ved HIQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp 8391f7096812b4&biw9&bihI8>
If things get bad enough, use 3M scotch brite pads - maroon is the one used by commercial stainless installers for finishing welds, grinding, etc.
<http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw#q =3m+pads+scotch+brite&hl =en&site=webhp&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=HUPOTtmeCLODsAKvpKXnDg&ved IoBEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp8391f7096812b4&biw 9&bihI8>
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .

some catching fire. A class action suit has been started.
http://www.kitchenaidfire.com /
I'd do a lot of research before buying one.
On 11/24/2011 10:18 AM, homer wrote:

You could buy a GE
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11022.html
Or an LG
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11324.html
Or Samsung death by electrucution:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10031.html
Or maybe have Electrolux gas you to death:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10048.html
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:17:38 -0500, Betelgeuse

Wow! A whole 900 units (I looked because we bought one about six months ago).
On 11/24/2011 5:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

You'll never boost viewer ratings when you phrase it like that. ;-)