Kinda OT- Getting Good Neighbors

Page 2 of 3

Clever. Very well done.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
mike wrote:

Tell your friends about the place and ask them to tell their friends ...people whom you regard well should have like-minded acquaintances.

Yeah, maybe I should carry fliers on me at all times to hand out.

Yeah, maybe I should carry fliers on me at all times to hand out.
================================================ Good idea. Mebbe get those printouts that the real estate peeple use. I'm sure they'd be willing to give you an inch's worth. While yer at it, BEG them not to stick you with some Octomom, or rapper, or rapping Octomom....
--
EA

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:26:48 -0700 (PDT), mike

Be doing whatever you want the buyer to tolerate when they show the house.
On Mar 31, 11:58am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I just want them to be regular people without a criminal record. To give you an idea of the seller, they have a rap sheet so long, the stack of paper is almost as big as the ObamaCare bill.

Why don't they just inflate the tires, hook it up to their pick-em-up truck, and take it with them?

Are you sure they were the crappy neighbors and not you...JUST KIDDING..LOL...In this market and as tight as credit is only those with VERY good credit will be getting a loan to buy which should help...If it is like it is around here they will be lucky if it does sell..If it was a foreclosure then all bets are off..It will be sold at auction to a house flipper...Unlike a couple of years ago when they were throwing money at everyone including those who had no business owning a home...HTH...

No, it doesn't look like a foreclosure to me. That's what happened last time & the place was vacant for an extended period (which is better than bad neighbors). I definitely want the place to sell as soon as possible just so they don't change their mind. The wife will not be happy if the current neighbors hang around.

No, it doesn't look like a foreclosure to me. That's what happened last time & the place was vacant for an extended period (which is better than bad neighbors). I definitely want the place to sell as soon as possible just so they don't change their mind. The wife will not be happy if the current neighbors hang around.
Not much is selling around here , of course YMMV...Good luck...

And Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy (g).
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars

Around here, houses are still moving well - and sometimes above listed price. Up almost 20% over last year, and things never really went down. Unemployment is pushing 10% locally - which is very high for this area - we lost a lot of manufacturing jobs over the last 10 years, but the high tech sector is holding its own very well.
Waterloo Ontario.

No, it doesn't look like a foreclosure to me. That's what happened last time & the place was vacant for an extended period (which is better than bad neighbors). I definitely want the place to sell as soon as possible just so they don't change their mind. The wife will not be happy if the current neighbors hang around.
================================================== I was watching that effing con man Russ Dalbey on his late-nite infomercial shell-game, but he DID make an innereting point:
He sez some sellers, cuz of the credit crunch, are "taking back paper", ie, acting as the mortgagor, ie, no bank involved. Hard to believe???
I'da thought Dalbey was fullashit-as-usual, had I not known first-hand that this was THE RULE in NYC in the '80s, with commercial property.
I just mentioned this cuz if Dalbey is not lying, and this phenom has indeed hit the residential market, this is a sure sign of a very tough market. So mebbe you, and/or a cupla other neighbors can in fact buy the house, and possibly get the sellers to hold the mortgage, and get a really good deal. But wait a while.
A cupla of us thought about buying neighbors houses where I am, but you need real cohesiveness, similar mindsets.
What's nice about that also is that if you can later refinance, some people will offer you a steep discount so's they can cash out of any paper they're holding. Criminals will proly offer the steepest discount!
I also thought the advice from Hell Toupe was diabolically priceless!! Heh, you might work an angle like that on the *current owner*, telling him your BIL is moving in, who is a hard-assed corrections or DEA officer or sumpn..... who is looking for a promotion..... and target practice.....
--
EA

.
Interesting discussion. Round here the market is going the other way; house are being built and are bigger and more expensive. Very low interest rates are also encouraging new building. The financial industry in this country appears to be well regulated.and national government rules have been further tightened up as a result of the credit crunch elsewhere. For example, if one has only five per cent down payment it was/is required that you buy CMHC (Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corp.) insurance which cost something of the order of 3 to 3.5% of the purchase price, which is then added to the cost of purchase. Also, people's ability to pay a mortgage is being more closely checked and 'long' mortgages, such as 35 years are banned. The overall result appears to be no lack of sales. However when interest rates do go back up, by even a few percent, it will be interesting to see how many HAVE taken on more house than they can afford; but it's not happened so far. I have relative who is taking the opposite approach; he bought a somewhat more modest 17 year old house. Not only had a large down payment is using his money to knock down the principle as fast as possible so that he will own a considerable proportion of the house (which also brings in some income) by the time interest rates go up.
mike wrote:

One word: Cookies.
Jon
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:42:21 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

Fresh baked oatmeal?
mike wrote the following:

You have no control on what neighbors you want, or what you can do to attract 'good' neighbors, unless you own the house in question, as you have suggested. The best suggestion I can offer is for you to move to a house where the existing neighbors meet your expectations. I have no vacant houses in my neighborhood for you to consider, but I am the perfect neighbor. I don't bother anyone, and my only child living at home is my daughter who is 29 years old and working for a mortgage company. She is hardly home and spends a lot of nights in NJ where her job is. I will gladly lend anything I have, get up in the middle of the night to aid a neighbor, plow their driveways for free when they are not home, drive them anywhere when no other transportation is available, and invite them to all BBQs or festivities I am having. I do draw the line at lending money tho. That can kill the good neighbor relationship. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Send me your addy', I'm moving.
Well, I'll soon be departing the condo-from-hell and almost anywhere I lived in the past would be a vast improvement. I won't borrow anything but would appreciate help moving stuff I can't move alone...fair cook, make very decent apple pie :o) My kids own their own homes, so they won't be moving in with me. Step-son will replace me; in his fifth year at college with no end in sight (30 y/o).
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:26:48 -0700 (PDT), mike

You may want your neighbor's house to sell at a higher price. You can make your lawn and house neat and tidy. I dont really think you have any control at all who buys the house. My solution for crappy neighbors is to look the other way.

If they're really bad, sell your house and move. You have no control over any of it anyway, you might have the best neighbors in the world, but you're always just one "heart attack" away from not having them anymore, and then the new ones come, like it or not.
Cheri