Kilz Product: Better Primer / Intermediary Available ?

Hello:
Will be repainting over an upper part of a shower stall.
Not sure if latex or oil on it now.
Is the Kilz product the "best" to use as an intermediary between what's on there now, and my new paint job ?
Not sure yet what type of paint I'll be using.
Or, is there a better "primer" type of product available ?
Thanks, B.

I think Kilz is a great choice..make sure it is the oil one though. They do make latex, not sure what name is on the can thoughg.
jtees4 wrote:

I agree that Kilz is the leadership product. Their reputation has been earned on the oil based product so check the cans carefully before you buy. The latex formula still has the Kilz name on it.
Robert11 wrote:

as an undercoat. If you want to see how well it sticks, spill a bit on your arm or hand while stirring the paint and then try to get it off. If you smear it and it dries on your oily skin you have to use soap and a lot of scrubbing to get it off. If stain blocking is the main purpose, then select the oil product. Look at a gallon can and it will show product versus application. I believe there are 3 oil types and 3 latex types.
Robert11 wrote:

For top coats, oil can go over latex but latex cannot go over oil. So use a primer if you want, but an oil based paint will go over what is there without a primer. And being in a shower area, I'd use oil based anyway.