Killfile lists?

Page 2 of 2
Dan Espen wrote:
<snip list>
Thanks man!
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
On 08/09/2015 06:26 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
[snip]

[snip]
How about killing threads/subthreads started by trolls? That's what I was doing on another group, where there was an active troll who impersonated real posters. A lot of people were responding to the troll without knowing it and I was getting tired of dealing with those posts.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
Mark Lloyd wrote:

I may end up having to do that if individual filtering doesn't work.
Good to see you again...
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
On 08/09/2015 06:49 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

That's one of the nice things about Thunderbird, you just hit "k" on a troll thread and it disappears, never to be seen again.
Jon
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 09 Aug 2015 20:13:56 -0700, Jon Danniken

That's true of Agent too, with I, for ignore, but it would take with it the good posts in a thread. It sounds like yours would do that too.

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 09 Aug 2015 18:26:30 -0500, G. Morgan

I emailed you mine, the part that applies to AHR.
micky wrote:

Thanks!
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
sms wrote:

Thanks for the list.
What you need for the above is NewsProxy, which I used to use and it actually works well. I have a copy (with source) if anyone needs it.
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
G. Morgan wrote:

Thanks for the responses. Sorry if I caused strife between individuals that were on a list that was posted, I never considered personal arguments before I asked. I guess I should have asked for email instead of posting in the clear.
I personally don't reveal my list in public, reasoning being, the trolls will only get louder if they see their name. I should have considered that so no one got hurt feelings.
Oh well. When I finish my list for this NG I will post it. It will only have trolls, not any individuals that I plonked for personal reasons.
Thanks again for the responses.
~G
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posting that list just notifies all of the trolls that it's time to change their From info. :-)

I find that I need to remove things from my score file though, otherwise it would get really big over the years and could slow things down.
Of the Windows newsreaders, I know Agent can expire kill filters. I don't remember if T-bird can do it or not.

I'm not sure why you would filter based on these. For instance, doing "from contains: comcast.net" also kills nospam.comcast.net and comcast.net.invalid and similar things.

I don't remember seeing these very often. Are they really necessary?

Some of these are too specific IMO.
That wouldn't get any of Keith's posts if he changed it up a bit and did snipped-for-privacy@att.bizz
I also like to set some filters to expire after a period of time. I'm not sure you can do that with Tbird.

You can do this in some cases by filtering on the references header, if the spammer's message ID's contain something unique. You don't need to download the article body to do that.

Seriously? Stormin rocks! He's on my white list.