keyed entry door knob problem

Doorlatch will not recess when door closes. If knob is turned only slightly so that latch recesses .2 inch it will go ahead and recess. What is the problem?
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 09:16:09 -0800 (PST), Frank Thompson

If this worked before and just stopped, try putting a little oil on the bolt. They can get dry and bind. If this never worked, look at the strike and be sure there is a camming action when it closes. (The ramp on the strike, hits the sloped part of the bolt)
My bet is the oil fixes it. My garage door does the same thing about every other year if I don't lube it. There is a chance that it might just be wear in the bolt but I am not replacing it for 3 drops of oil
On Monday, November 3, 2014 12:16:14 PM UTC-5, Frank Thompson wrote:

Even when the door is open the latch cannot be pushed in by hand unless knob is turned slightly. The door & hardware is 16 years old. This problem started yesterday.
On 11/3/2014 4:03 PM, Frank Thompson wrote:

If it's a common brand of lock, replace the latch. Is there a brand on the edge of the door? I may have a replcement latch I can ship to you.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Make sure the trigger bolt (the small D shaped thing behind the main bolt) is not binding. You still may just need a squirt of oil in the bolt assembly.
On 11/3/14, 4:47 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

strike plate to push the latch in without turning the knob.
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 13:03:54 -0800 (PST), Frank Thompson

Give it a week. It's probably just the flu.
On 11/3/2014 5:04 PM, micky wrote:

The door & hardware is 16 years old. This problem started yesterday.

Watch for gut pain, and vomitting. Might be the balla.
Oren posted for all of us...

Yeah, it's a nail biting, white knuckle ride going on here.
--
Tekkie

On 11/5/2014 6:39 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

customers always whine "but it worked yesterday".
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/5/14, 6:42 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

properly, like the door latch.