Kerosene Heater

Hi everyone, I just bought a kerosene heater for use in my home during power outages and very cold nights. I bought this model http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Heaters-Toyotomi_Kero_Sun_SunStream_II . This may sound strange but I also have a fireplace. My question is this. Is it dangerous to place this heater unit inside the fireplace during use?
Regards
Mark -------- common sense is for common people
On 28 Jan 2004 13:48:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mark) wrote:

Why? <G>
The fireplace should withstand the heat, but most of the heat will go up the chimney.
On the other hand, the close proximity of the fireplace walls may cause the heater itself to overheat, with "undesired" results.
Barry
- Mark -

- Nehmo - No, not really. But during the use of the fireplace, it's best to only put combustible materials in there.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *
On 28 Jan 2004 13:48:18 -0800, Mark wrote in alt.home.repair:

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Heaters-Toyotomi_Kero_Sun_SunStream_II
I'm thinking about this myself. What square footage are you heating? What will you accept as a minimum temp? Do you plan to open windows or provide extra ventilation?
TIA, HaroldWho