Kenmore Washing Machine Water Overflow Problem.

My Kenmore washing machine is about 10 years old. Recently, I replaced the transmission coupling as it will not spin dry. After replaced the coupling for a few washes, the machine overflow and will not shut off the water. I check with RepairClinic.com, where I bought the transmission coupling to find the possible cause. I also flip open the control panel to look at the water fill level switch as one of the possible parts I may need to replace. I found the plastic hose came off, I reinstalled it and after a few washes it overflowed again. This time I pushed the hose all the way and is not loose but good tight fit. I am wondering how did the hose come loose after a few washes, should I install a clamp on it?

Thanks

Reply to
Charles

I'd say that sounds like an application which would call for a hose clamp, yes, especially considering that the clamp is a fifty cent part. Make sure the hose is installed as far as it will go on the barb, then tighten the clamp.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Sure. The hose, after all these years, is probably losing its elasticity and no longer grips as tightly as it once did. I'd bet the hose can be replaced with one from the auto parts shop for a couple of bucks. Use clamps.

Reply to
HeyBub

The machine is not heavily use. The PVC clear hose look like new as if I just replace it and when I inserted the hose it went in easily, but need to push hard to the end. I have never DIY repair a washing machine before. Time are hard and need to stretch what little we have. I am worry there could be other associate problems. Thanks everyone, I do as suggested. :-)

Reply to
Charles