Juno vs Halo

What brand is better and why? Or should I consider a different brand altogether?

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Ive always used HDs, Menards cheapest, what I put in 20-25 years ago still works, Juno - Halo are expensive stuff.

Reply to
ransley

It is not what is better, as they are both good, but which manufacturer offers the sizes, types, and trims that you want. There are so many options that you should study the on-line catalogues to see which can fill your needs. And check actual showrooms for a final decision.

Sometimes a simple thing can make the difference. Once I had to install some pots where there was a lot of framing within insulation. This meant I needed ones made for burying in insulation but the outside dimensions of most brands were too big to fit the location. A study of their catalogues found a model that used a small inside body and had a matching outside shell that was much smaller than other models which used the same outside shell no matter what size inside body it contained.

Also had a problem with shower lights. Most shower trims have a metal ring, which can rust over time. Some use an all glass exterior for shower trims, but were available only in large formats. I finally found some 4" lights with all glass exterior trims. It does take some detail checking rather than a generic "this is better than that" statement.

Reply to
EXT

Except for shower applications I've found that can lights don't give off enough light(especially with CFLs) , a PITA to install unless new construction , are to expensive to buy and are a heat loss...JMHO....

Reply to
benick