Jado multi purpose shower head problem- could apply to all multipurpose shower heads

i have a jado multipurpose shower head.. This question could apply to all multipurpose shower heads. There are 3 settings. when I put the massage setting it works for a few seconds then stops pulsating. all the other settings are fine.. I removed the head from the shower but have no idea how to open it.. Does it sound like it could be dirty or something or defective?

Totally unacceptable to SWMBO. Of all the setting that had to break...:-)

If that matters to SWMBO, you ain't doing your job. For OP, try soaking the thing in vinegar or CLR. Probably the little doohickey inside that flutters to make the pulses is suffering from teakettle syndrome. Those plastic showerheads are bad that way, especially since everyone went low-flow as part of the design, instead of that little washer you could throw away as you installed it.
-- aem sends, on google for a few more days.....