Jacuzzi plumbing question

We have a jacuzzi that was installed in the late 80's. There is some kind of little L-shaped chrome standpipe thingy that on the wall next to it (its either a backflow restrictor, so that tub water is not sucked back into the water supply. Or it's an air supply to the jets. Not sure which????). This has apparently gotten crudded up a little because we have well water, and now if the tub faucet is not completely shut, the chrome pipe thing starts dripping. My question is, when the jacuzzi tub faucets are completely shut off, is that chrome piping on the wall under pressure, or not, ....such that I can dissassemble, clean, or rebuilt it. (I know I can shut off the water supply to the tub, or power off the well, etc, ...but why if I don't have to. And I've been curiious about the pressure question in that chrome piping under "faucet off" conditions anyway). Thanks
Not too many people are going to be keen on helping someone who won't turn off the water to make an inspection; that's just asking for trouble.
[...]

if you can afford a jacuzzi you are wealthy and that means you can afford a plumber. use your yellow pages.
Gee, I guess I'd forgotten how UN-helpful these newsgroups are. Guess that's why I stopped using them for the most part.

Start your own newsgroup, like the man said, you're wealthy. You can afford it. Heck, with all your money, why not just buy the whole internet, or start a new one !!!
Rich people suck !!!

kind
(its
the
water,
well,
Perhaps the poster was a habitat for humanity owner that just got lucky and got a free Jacuzzi ? Maybe a call to Jimmy Carter will get the job done.
AMUN