irrigation booster pump

I would tend to agree with you. Pump filters can clog, and they will in time need manitenance. Since it is unknown to me the extent of the system and the redesign and permiting issues, it is hard to say for sure.

Where I live drip irrigations systems operate at 20-30 psi. The last place I lived had common areas that the drip systems were 2-300 yards long. They used pvc pipe but everything after the valve was low pressure.

I am convinced living in the desert that anyone who sprays water into the air is nuts. My new lawn has no sprinklers. I am currently using the hose to "flood/irrigate" the lawn. I believe if I stay here I will build a system similar to what I am doing now.

I know for sure that if the lay out is correct the 58 psi or even lower should be fine as long as it is zoned. A given spray head will not cover as much area on 50 psi as it would on 60 psi. So you may hate the fact that your going to need more heads, zones and a bigger control box.

Where in the world do you live that requires irrigation to be approved by the city fathers?

Reply to
SQLit

I don't know how your system works now, but I don't see any reason not to have a timer that opens a few solenoids at a time to stagger the operation

Reply to
RBM

Yikes, the meter alone here would cost over $3000.00. Let alone the costs that would be involved for connection and the monthly fees. They give a slight break for irrigation meters here, damn slight.

-------snipped

Reply to
SQLit

My irrigation contractor just informed me that the city will be lowering psi to 58 in a few months so he will have to add a pump to the irrigation plan he is about to install. I don't like the idea of a booster pump so I asked him about a redesign of the system. He shrugged that that would mean a 10 delay at least. Am I wrong to try to avoid a pump? Seems like something more to break. Which is better more zones and heads or a pump? Thanks for your help. This is my first irrigation system.

Reply to
Art

I don't have a system yet. But if I ask him to redesign it so it uses lower pressure and no pump he has to re-submit plans to the city and wait 10 days for approval. I am in the middle of a large landscape project and only want to force a redesign if it is for a good reason. Is not wanting a booster pump good enuf reason to delay?

Reply to
Art

Why do you have to submit irrigation plans?

Reply to
FDR

I live in Southern California on 1 acre. My irrigations system works fine on

50 lbs, including impulse sprinklers. I use a mixture of 15 impulse and drip zones. Of course, I use a timer to have the zones come on sequentially.
Reply to
Walter R.

Approval is required by Cary, NC

Reply to
Art

Cary, NC

You have to get a permit, it get inspection and a separate meter.

Reply to
Art

Do it right and get it redesigned if needed. So you will wait 10 days. Hopefully you will be living with a better system for the next 10 years. Do you really want to keep thinking over the next 10 years that you wish you had done it right and not had to fool with that &^$* pump?

58 psi seems like lots of pressure to me.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan

58 psi is more than enough to run impact sprinklers (or any ohter type of homeowner sprinklers). How many it will run depends on piping sizes, restrictions, etc. Sounds to me like the current designer is incompetent.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K