internet source gas water heater?

Well the hvac people got a law passed that prevents me from buying simple parts locally. Just got screwed for $200 to replace ignighter I had allready diagnosed as bad.

Now I need a gas hot water heater (Simple job I have done multiple times) and find I have to pay list price + install.

Where can I order decent quality 60 gal hot water heater?

Thanks Louis

Reply to
louis

I'm an hvac guy and I don't recall passing any laws about that. Many places deal only with contractors who have in house accounts and simply don't have time to deal with small time individuals. Plus there's the liability that goes along with selling parts to unqualified people or dealing with boneheads who install an ignitor, touch the element with their fingers and then bring it back a month later bitching about how it already burned out. Even at that I can think of several places in my area that sell parts over the counter to anyone. Yep...you'll pay list but that's life. If you don't like that then you'll need to start up your own business and open a house account in order to get your discount.

I'm assuming you live in a 3rd world country. Here in the USA we have places like Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Service Star, Sears, and ACE Hardware where you can pick up a HWH, toss it in your truck, drive it home and install it.

Reply to
vairxpert

As an HVAC guy...there is no such thing that I know of anywhere...its up to the distributor to sell to you, and none that I know of will unless you are properly licenced...now, the state law is that you have to be licenced to work on your unit....but, thats called politics. Also, HVAC guys here are not plumbers, and from what you are asking for, you need a plumber..

Screwed? LOL...ok..sorry you feel that way, but like vail says...if you dont like it, there are ways around it.... Depending (since the entire story is not there) on the job, and ignitor, it may have been cheap. If you paid $200 for a very simple replacement, then thats your fault...not ours.

If you have done it multiple times, you know you can go to Home Depot and Lowes and get one.....

Hell...you want an AOSmith? Shippings gonna kill ya tho...

Reply to
CBhvac

You can't be serious -- Lowes, Home Depot, TruValue, Sears, Ace Hardware... most even offer delivery if you can't find a buddy with a pick-up truck. Of course, if you don't know this already then I have to wonder how you've done this type of work before -- unless you're not here in the US.

Reply to
JNJ

Try the stores such as Home Depot in GwenetteCounty Ga. (Atlanta Metro) Did find a unit in a county further out. Gwenette Stores have prominent signs stating sales to licensed persons only. Louis

Reply to
louis

Carpool. HD will sell to anyone that pays money.

Reply to
HeatMan