Insulating over Loose Fill

My attic currently has loose fill insulation which is almost to the top of each joist bay. I have some craft-faced insulation that I would like to use on top of the existing loose fill.

Should I remove the craft paper before installing the batts?

If I leave the craft paper, should it face down, toward the living space?

Note: I live in the cold Northeast.

Thanks

Reply to
jay hey

I would suggest slitting it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You don't want the vapor barrier at all; remove it.

Reply to
Travis Jordan