Insulating over Loose Fill

My attic currently has loose fill insulation which is almost to the top of each joist bay. I have some craft-faced insulation that I would like to use on top of the existing loose fill.
Should I remove the craft paper before installing the batts?
If I leave the craft paper, should it face down, toward the living space?
Note: I live in the cold Northeast.
Thanks
jay hey wrote:

I would suggest slitting it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

You don't want the vapor barrier at all; remove it.