Insulate Walls or Floors?

Page 3 of 3
On 12/29/2015 11:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry, no. Never even heard of that company.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/29/2015 11:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

OMG, I've seen it tooooo many times.
Pawlowski, Mormon:
From opposite ends of the country I guess. LOL
Empire Carpet is huge here in the northeast.

Well, that explains a lot. Also, I watch zero broadcast or cable TV. Listen to talk radio and Christian radio maybe four or five hours a week.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/30/2015 12:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Likely a regional thing. You live in area with chain stores.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I did think about area rugs, but that wouldn't work in the kitchen. And, I hate to cover up the beautiful new hardwood.
At this point, we're still having unusually cold days and nights, and predicted for another week, at least. I may just wait until the weather gets more normal before I make a decision on what to do. If I do anything, my question is still do I insulate the crawlspace walls or the above head flooring. I'd love to also install a more efficient furnace, but that's not in the budget at this time.
In

As I mentioned earlier, my vote would be to do the former -- insulate the crawlspace walls.

lived in an old "redneck bungalow" that was parked on the property. He skirted it with 1X6 lumber and insulated the skirting, and the place became pretty liveable. When they got some good snow on the ground he banked it up to help insulate the "crawl space" and it stayed obove freezing all winter with just a 100 watt light bulb under the trailer. He was sitting on dry sand. This was not a small trailer - 50 ft I think.
On 12/29/2015 8:09 AM, CRNG wrote:

a six inch walkway through the center of my trailer.
Stormin Mormon: "I've got R-273 in my walls. Sadly, there is only a six inch walkway through the center of my trailer"
Americans... Infathomable creatures.
Refuse to use the brains the Lord they worship so dearly, gave them. When Jesus said lay your worries at my feet, he didn't mean "live in a drafty barn of a house with the heat cranked up to 90"!
On 12/29/2015 10:54 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I did used to live across the street from a welfare guy who did just exactly that. Middle of the winter, he'd have his trailer at 80, and wear only underpants and not much else.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

insulation". It's called "hording"
On 12/29/2015 3:32 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I resent that! I use cardboard and foam trays from McDonalds breakfasts. Newspapers, perish the thought. Gauche!
I'd get one of those inexpensive hand held infrared thermometers and start checking for cold spots to plug up. The problem may not be where you expect it to be.
Steve 73 de N2UBP