Installing wall cabinets

I am about to install some wall cabinets. The instructions say to "Pre-drill the cabinet (through top and bottom rail) to line up with the wall studs." What the heck are the top and bottom rail? On the base cabinets there is a piece of wood at the top which I guess is the hanging rail which would be screwed to the wall. Since the entire back of the wall cabinets are the same wood I guess it doesn't matter where you screw them in. How can you hide the unsightly screw heads?
Thanks for any advice.

My cabinets have a wood strip inside, top and bottom, and the screws go through them.

I don't think it matters, being that the screws are inside the cabinet, but mine are black with a silver grommet looking washer. Doesn't look bad.
nancy
There should be a strip of wood about 3" wide at the top and bottom of the wall cabinet running from one side to the other either on the inside or outside. If yours doesn't I hope the back panel is thick and attached well to the top and sides.
As for the screws you can use these, but the head is a liitle soft and you may stip it out before its driven all the way.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 72
I like these better but the local Rockler doesn't stock them.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 900
I ended up using an exterior stainless steel bugle head screw with a Square X head and a silver finish washer. the Square X head gives you a non stripout head and the tip on the screw has teeth that cut into the wood as you drive it.
Like these but in stainless
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 294
message

screws inside cabinets are just dressed up a bit. =<| head with a finishing washer, better than a =D head. Never thought about after.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p@096&cat=3,41306,41316
message

-
btw, silver is common, don't know about black or other colours
-

They make stickon plastic circles out of vinyl that cover the screw heads. They come in various finishes.
Make sure the cap fits into the screw, or vice versa. May fit onto some of slot, philips, robertson, etc. head types and sizes. This is all I found under "plastic screw caps", just for a view. Probably at HomeDepot.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p@050&cat=3,41306,41315
also uses |>= screws and [may] need a little countersinking
writes:

-