Installing Tile over a hardwood floor

I'm looking at installing tile over my parkay flooring. reason is the entire parkay flooring is held down with an adhesive. and almost impossible to completely remove. underneath the parkay flooring is the concrete slab/foundation of the home.
I have been told not a good idea to go right over the top of the parkay. that the tile will crack and buckle. And that i should use some kind of thin set sheeting and attach it to the hardwood and then tile onto it. I hve no idea what this "sheeting is" or where to purchase i. or even if this would be the best popssible way tp tackle this.. anyone with real world/professional expertise willing to help "inform" me of the correct proceedure would be greatly appreciated.
On Mar 17, 6:18�pm, snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

remove the parkay wood, heat with heat gun. its not impossible just a lot or work.
if you add a layer steps will miss match and be real trip hazard
goof off or goo gone does remove adhesive residue
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Wood moves as it responds to humidity. A 12' wide wood floor may expand and contract as much as 1/2".
What do you think will happen to the tile that's glued to this oscillating floor?

There is nothing stable about a wood floor that expands and contracts.
I'd do the job right.
parquet, not parkay

Butter. :-)