Installing Recess lighting - what to do with plastic tabs?

Folks,
I'm upgrading my current recess lighting to air-tight IC fixtures (Halo). In the wiring compartment, the normal wires exist, but they have plastic "tabs" at the end of wires. These "tabs" have 4 holes (shape kindda like a small house), one hole has the existing wire (blank, white, or green) and the other 3 holes are vacant.
My question, I've tested inserting the appropriate wiring into these tabs, and it does seem to work. However, when I attempted to tape one of the wire joins, one of the wires came out.
So, do you recommend using these tabs to perform the joins? If so, should I tape the joins, as I normally would do?
How do I get the exisitng wires out of the tabs?
Thanks, Raj

Push the wires into the holes, after stripping about 1/2 inch of insulation. After it's inserted give it a slight tug, if it doesn't come out, it's good. Don't try to use tape. When they first started furnishing those connectors, I routinely just cut them off in favor of wire nuts, which I'm more comfortable with, but once I tried them, I've found that they work very well. On occasion, you get a bad one, that's why I give each one a little tug.

I agree, those backstab connectors are great, no more wire nuts.