Installing laminate flooring

I have the underlayment for installing laminate flooring. The underlayment says its moisture resistant. This means I don't have to include a separate waterproof sheet or anything right? A 'how to' book I have says I need to have a waterproof layer AND an underlayment layer.
Thanks.
Paul

Correct, plastic side down.
A 'how to' book I have says I need to

That underlayment in the "how to" book doesn't have a moisture layer.

What does the manufacturer say? If the underlayment is made to be waterproof, nothing else is needed. Most of them today are a polyethylene type material and provide both cushioning and act as a moisture barrier. .
D'Olier wrote:

Read the instructions with the brands of materials you use. Lots of underlayment have plastic (waterproof) layers so you don't need an additional waterproof layers (will say so on the package) some underlayments are not waterproof. If it really bothers you put down a layer of 6 mil plastic and then the underlayment. It won't hurt weather a waterproof layer is needed or not. I would tend to use whatever the laminate says to use and some require that brand of underlayment for the guarantee to be good.
"D'Olier" wrote

underlayment
separate
Moisture resistant & water/moisture proof are not the same. Follow manufacturers instructions. If you're trying to guard against moisture on a concrete floor, you can not just install moisture resistant underlayment.