installing electrical outlet in attic

I would like to install an electical outlet in my attic. My attic already has lights installed on the beam that runs along the peak. The wiring comes up into the attic from inside one of the walls, where the roof meets the attic floor. The attic floor is made up of boards screwed down, which I can easily remove. There are no walls in the attic, or any studs running from the floor to the roof.
I am wondering where the best place to install an outlet would be? I thought the best idea might be putting in a floor outlet. Another possibility would be to put one overhead, near where the lights are installed, facing downward.
Also, are there any special codes I might need to follow, since the temperature and moisture levels are much more extreme in an attic, and there's always a possibility of a roof leak developing that might drip into the outlet.
I mainly want to use the outlet to plug in a whole house fan that I've mounted in a hatch that leads up to the attic, and also just to have for convenience for plugging in a vacuum or tools when needed.

Install it wherever it's convenient. Normally, "whole house" attic fans require a seperate circuit. If not, however, try to put the outlet on a circuit the attic lights are NOT on.
There are no special provisions for attic outlets in regard to "attic like" conditions. Outlets are plastic, same as the inside of your freezer.
HA HA Budys Here wrote:

Why is that? A whole house attic fan can't require more than a few hundred watts, if that. Can it?
Floor outlets are generally not a good idea. They should have special covers to keep out dirt and water. Don Young

the old fashioned pull chain light? anyways get one with a outlet built in they are probably 3-5 bucks and just swap light fixtures
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Gary C) wrote in message

exposed cable needs to be in metal conduit. cable clamp at the METAL outlet box.
Matt wrote:

Your ass. Why are you lying to this guy???
--
Nobody tells a good "ni*ger joke" like "SAPguru" / "Hobbes"
see for yourself @ http://tinyurl.com/39beu