Installing Drip Cap Over Windows

I had an addition built onto my house about 10 years ago. Instead of putting the aluminum drip cap over the top of the brick molding on the windows, the builder installed a sloped piece of wood. The paint is peeling off the wood and the wood is moist so I want to remove the wood and install regular drip caps.
I will remove the piece of siding at the top of the window to install the drip cap correctly.
My question is should I apply caulk between the drip cap and the top of the brick mold. It seems that I should but I'm not sure.
Thanks,

Caulk between any dissimilar surfaces that may expand/contract at different rates. That means, yes. :)
A good grade of silicon will go a long ways to keeping your home weather tight. By the way, that wood strip was actually adequate, it just needed a lot more maintenance than you gave it.
Jeff
<< A good grade of silicon will go a long ways to keeping your home weather tight >>
True, but there is a paintability problem with some silicone formulations, so read the labels first.
Joe