Installing carpet

I am installing wall to wall carpet. When I get to the door opening (threshold) how do I finish it so the edge is nice and clean looking? I have a old home with the wide wooden thresholds. Thanks

Reply to
mo

Square-section hammer-over strip, butted up against the threshold. It is available in colors around here- go for a brown that is close to threshold color, and avoid the silver or gold. Don't use tack strip in the door opening. You could also cut a kerf in the threshold strip, but that would be nasty to the next owner who wants to go back to wood floors. Don't carpet the threshold strip- it'll wear through in months.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

In some cases like this you would use a tack strip at the door opening and tuck the carpet between the back of the strip and the threshold. If the surface is flat at the threshold then you would use a metal tack threshold strip. You would stretch the carpet up to it, cut it, and then hammer the top down.

Joey