Install bathroom exhaust fan (newbie question)

Now, since the weather is finally warming up, I am going to embark on an ambitious project. In my 1 year old house, the builder put the exhaust fan in the toilet room. The steam from the shower does not get picked up by that fan. I was thinking of installing an exhaust fan with the heater lamp on the outside of the toilet room to scoop up the steam from the shower. I can get to the attic and install the fan. I have few problems which I have not completely figured out yet. 1) Can I connect the new fans hose to the hose of the fan in the toilet room. This way I would not have to buy a 30ft ladder and punch a hole in the wall for the new fans hose. 2) I have no experience with electric wiring. How should I run the wires for this new setup? I want the fan and heater lamp to be controlled from different switches. There are no extra switches in the present setup.
You cannot vent the 2 from the same ductwork, use duct not flex.

Why not join the hoses near the outlet or close the toilet room door?

Why?
Nick
Daku wrote:

Sorry, no go. Fan A will just blow into room B etc. Not good.

You are going to need more help than you can get here. Find a book at the DIY store and read up on electrical and vent fans. Then come back with any additional questions. Otherwise I suggest a pro. They will make fast work of it.
BTW you may need a new line for the heater.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math