[Indoor] Outdoor thermometer - sensor placement location...

Page 2 of 2

The way it was written, I inferred that you were agreeing with Nate. I haven't noticed it much, either. Long ago, sure.

They're in the same SS case, but there is no compressor. Same deal; cost. "If you want something cold, we sell cold Coke in the 'fridge up front." ;-)

My mother claimed that's why I got pneumonia, fall of my senior year in high school, the first year of the new building with AC.
I didn't have an opinion. But one visit to the doctor for penicillin, and one follow-up visit and I was fine.

Yeah! That's what it was, and it was cool if you stood right in front of it, in the hall, but the air didn't make tio my room, only 8 feet away. I probably tried it with the door open too.

Since then I've learned to be comfortable in the low 80's but even if I'd known then, it woulnd't have worked in the hotel. My current method is to sleep with no sheets or blankets and to sleep nake. But I only do that at home.. Well one time I went camping in the middle of the summer in south Jersey, near the Delaware Bay, half-way from Md to Cape May. t It was so humid, and hot. My club had reserved its own island, with a boardwalk to it from the parking lot. Whenever this club went camping, the people all slept near each other, but I always went 50 feet away or more so they wouldn't wake me in the morning. This time, the island was big enough that 100, 200 feet away, I coulnd't even see the other people, so I put down a blanket and slept totally naked on top of it. (In warm weather, I only use a tent if it's going to rain) There might be a vulnerable feeling like any squirrel that is walking buy could eat me. But I got over that once I was asleep. I woke up when the sun was bright enough and no one mentioned seeing me naked. I can't outdo this and doing this once was enough for me.
I was supposed to fix my AC this spring and it looks like I won't. I'm cleaning the basement loft bed so I can sleep there when it gets hot. Used to be about 6 days a year, but last summer it was hot enough about 40 days!!

Sleeping naked is good, but last place I'd sleep uncovered is at the Jersey shore. Mosquitoes and flies would eat me alive.

you and everyone else!
one time I camped and slept out in the open(Dale Hollow reservoir,TN),and the birds were flying right over,buzzing me and landing nearby to look for food. that's a rude awakening,the flapping of wings right over your head.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Looking for worms? ;-)

I'm also lucky in that regard. Mosquitos stopped bothering me when I was about 21. For a long time I wasn't sure if they even bit me any more, but I think they do sometimes. But it doesn't swell up or itch like when I was a kid. I've got so many good genes, it's a shame I don't have kids.
Another time the club went camping we camped near the famous rock formation (whose hame I've forgotten) in W. Va. Again I didnt' want to sleep near the others, who were all on this neatly mown grassy area, almost like a golf green, surrounded by rough. I went about 50 feeet away and found a trail through the bushes and tall grass, and put my sleeping bag down there. (I wan't naked this time, but w. va. is usually cooler than Baltimore and south Jersey) I slept for an hour or two and woke up to some cat making noise, almost screeching. First he was above my head, then below my feet, then to the side. I was a little concerned and thought, What is it? A cat? a wildcat? Is it more dangerous to lie where I am or to stand up and walk to where the other people are?
I thought about this for about 20 minutes, while the cat was still almost screeching, and couldn't decide, and I fell asleep again. When I woke up it was moring. I asked the wife of the park guy what it was, and she suggested a bobcat. I hadn't even thought of that. I guess I scared him from walking right over me, and scratching me, but OTOH, why was he so territorial if he could just go around me.

You also have to worry about ground surface temperature. I have one with wind gauge on a shaded enclosure, but it still gets hotter in the sun. I like the PVC pipe idea, but make a wind vane, so the wind blows through the tube.
Greg

I hang my remote Temp sensor on my covered patio,away from the building itself. it's where the breeze can reach it,but out of direct sun.(central Florida) If you had a tree,you could hang it from a branch.
maybe if you put up a big patio-type umbrella and hang it underneath it.... ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 5/19/2012 12:22 PM, marco wrote:

Mine hangs on the north side of a tree next to the large analog thermometer that never gets direct sunlight.
--
Steve Barker

North side of house right under the roof. About the only time you will get direct sun on it, is early morning and late evening. And if you put something to shield from that, you will be OK
Keep it on the north side of your property - up under an eve if available.