[Indoor] Outdoor thermometer - sensor placement location...

Well, I'm rarely cold indoors unless something's broken... I just don't see the sense in wasting the energy to cool a building to 65 degrees when everyone's dressed for 90 outside... and then turn around and heat it to 72 in the winter...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Have you measured this or are you just guessing? A dry 75F can feel downright cold when coming inside out of a humid 90F. Likewise, 65F when coming inside from 0F.

At work, they do keep it rather cool this time of year, though it varies widely depending on the "building" (in quotes because they all run together). It's "nice" in the area my cube is in but "freezing" in the Dilbertville 30' away.

We keep our house at about 65-68F in the Winter and 76-78F in the summer. Interestingly, we tend keep it cooler towards the end of the summer, when it's hotter outside. It bay be because the ground is a lot warmer (slab).

Reply to
krw

I'm also lucky in that regard. Mosquitos stopped bothering me when I was about 21. For a long time I wasn't sure if they even bit me any more, but I think they do sometimes. But it doesn't swell up or itch like when I was a kid. I've got so many good genes, it's a shame I don't have kids.

Another time the club went camping we camped near the famous rock formation (whose hame I've forgotten) in W. Va. Again I didnt' want to sleep near the others, who were all on this neatly mown grassy area, almost like a golf green, surrounded by rough. I went about 50 feeet away and found a trail through the bushes and tall grass, and put my sleeping bag down there. (I wan't naked this time, but w. va. is usually cooler than Baltimore and south Jersey) I slept for an hour or two and woke up to some cat making noise, almost screeching. First he was above my head, then below my feet, then to the side. I was a little concerned and thought, What is it? A cat? a wildcat? Is it more dangerous to lie where I am or to stand up and walk to where the other people are?

I thought about this for about 20 minutes, while the cat was still almost screeching, and couldn't decide, and I fell asleep again. When I woke up it was moring. I asked the wife of the park guy what it was, and she suggested a bobcat. I hadn't even thought of that. I guess I scared him from walking right over me, and scratching me, but OTOH, why was he so territorial if he could just go around me.

Reply to
micky

I didn't, and I think it's too late now, becase most of those places have stopped., I think. Costs too much money they finally decided.

About 4 years ago, I think I noticed that the water coolers in supermarkets, Home Depot etc. were no longer so cold. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reply to
micky

I'll have to try that.

Reply to
micky

This thread wasn't past tense, at least it didn't appear that way to me.

Many have no refrigeration.

Reply to
krw

Mine hangs on the north side of a tree next to the large analog thermometer that never gets direct sunlight.

Reply to
Steve Barker

North side of house right under the roof. About the only time you will get direct sun on it, is early morning and late evening. And if you put something to shield from that, you will be OK

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

?? The prior poster seems to still find such very cold stores, but I haven't noticed one in the last couple years. I don't go shopping much. When I said "I've left early..." that was present perfect tense.

Yes, but I wasn't counting those.

Reply to
micky

Same, same...sort of.

The landing to my deck is about 5' from the ground, on the north side of the house, surrounded by trees. My sensor is hung under the landing.

Neither of my cars have temp sensors, so I can't compare it to that but the local HS has a on-line weather station and my sensor always reads within a degree or 2 of that. The HS is about a mile as the crow flies from my house.

That kind of "general idea" of the temperature is good enough for me.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Keep it on the north side of your property - up under an eve if available.

Reply to
ckozicki

The way it was written, I inferred that you were agreeing with Nate. I haven't noticed it much, either. Long ago, sure.

They're in the same SS case, but there is no compressor. Same deal; cost. "If you want something cold, we sell cold Coke in the 'fridge up front." ;-)

Reply to
krw