incandescent bulb on magnetic low voltage dimmer?

I currently have a two-gang switch box (magnetic low voltage dimmer + a regular switch). The cover plate is 4 1/2" wide. Because of some remodeling, the switch plate will be covered about 1" on one side. I can't move the switch box somewhere else, so I'm considering using only one gang by connecting the two circuits to the same switch. Unfortunately one of the circuits have an incandescent light fixture on it, and the other one has multiple low voltage recessed lights controlled by a dimmer. So, Is it possible to connnect an incandescent light fixture to a magnetic low voltage dimmer?
It might be possible to get a two gang cover plate with a toggle switch + regular switch combination, and cut the plate somehow on the toggle switch side.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Matt
As long as they're on the same circuit and you don't overload the dimmer capacity, you can dim them together, though it doesn't seem like the most practical solution

you might overheat the low voltage transformer.
why not install another box at a different location?
On 4 Feb 2006 14:27:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Why not just do the second half of this. Cut an inch off the current wall plate, put a sheet of appropriate stuff over the box to separate the inside of the box from the new sheetrock, and you'll be done.
(I save scraps of vinyl siding for things like this, but you could probably use something thinner too. .)