In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

Page 3 of 5

That's "Quemadmodum gladius..."
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:18:41 GMT, pyotr filipivich

...or "Who may I....
That incident actually happened about 1975-78is..the girl fiend was as deranged as I was (damn I miss her..she married a Congressman about her 4th time around)...and it earned us a visit from the local sherriffs department, which we expected and had cleaned up by the time they got there. Deputy friend of mine showed up...did the question thing..then on his way out..his shoulders started heaving..as he wiped a bit of missed war paint from behind my ear..and he left, laughing his ass off.
We didnt get bothered by evangelists for years..they would come down the street..and cross to the other side..waving their bibles in our direction...
Gunner
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
On 30 Apr 2007 14:54:54 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

You say that like its a bad thing?
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"
rec.crafts.metalworking :

    I'm not all that creative, just blessed with memory for "funny" stories.
tschus pyotr
-- pyotr filipivich "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. " Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

If I only knew when they were coming, I could get my girlfriend to do that, if I had a girlfriend who would do that (if I had a girlfriend)/

Its cool when you see the crew park down at one end of the street and start making the rounds up one side and down the other. Pretty hard to miss em..the well dressed people carring bibles and literature.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham
uld that work with evangelists?

Or just do your best impression of Rik Ocasik [sp?] from the Cars in the John Waters flick, uh,uh why is the name escaping me.....

...............Hairspray, that's it
mm wrote:

I doubt it. I never had to say a thing. Just tell door-to-door types you're not interested while you are closing the door. Those of us who do go around on occasion looking for people who are interested in finding a church will appreciate it.
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:55:22 -0700, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to

Put an ad in the yellow pages and leave us alone! Anybody who wants to find a church can easily find one without your help.
http://www.venganza.org /
CWM

A lot of people appreciate door-to-door visits from local churches; otherwise the churches would have stopped making them long ago. It's an old-fashioned welcome-to-the-community thing. I suppose next you'll want to get rid of Girl Scout cookie selling.

Fuck all do in fact.

Mindlessly silly, just like with any sort of sales fool.

Wrong, as always.

Nar, just fools like you.

I guess you won't mind when I knock at your door and ask your wife or daughter if they are interested in finding anal sex with a donkey? I have never heard of even one person that enjoys having demented god salespeople knocking on their door. It's not a "welcome to the community", its an obnoxious and arrogant intrusion by self serving, and self important assholes.
CWM

I had a "visit" like that about a month ago. They seemed to be trying to look friendly at first, but it turned into pure proselytizing.
That reminds me of the "Kissing Hank's Ass" story.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Wow, you *are* deluded!

No, it just shows that people who are deluded enough to go door-to-door promoting their particular brand of fantasy don't have a clue.
It's an

"Hi! We're a bunch of nuts! Please join our club! We believe in magical beings! Do you want to believe in a magical being too?"
Uh, no thanks.
I suppose next you'll want to

Heck no. I LOVE thin mints.
- Rich
-- Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

"Hi. I'm John. This is Mary. Would you like to come and kiss Hank's ass with us?" :-)

I do too.
I remember hearing that Boy Scouts are a cult now, but Girl Scouts are OK.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:24:30 -0400, "mc"

This is actually quite true, and not just for those new to the neighborhood, but for the homebound and the elderly.
Shrug..but it is irritating to get a knock on the door on Saturday afternoon while Im knocking off a piece of ass, or enjoying a good book and a dump, sitting on the toilet..only to find a Watchtower being waved in my face.
They are generally pleasant though and go away when asked.
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Peepholes are a great help. Unless it is a face I know or a uniform, the door usually doesn't get opened. Fer damn sure it doesn't get opened for shiny young faces, white shirts, and ties. They go away eventually.
aem sends....

Of course. You don't have to open the door if you don't want to.
I should add that the mainstream Christian churches with which I am acquainted (Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc.) normally only visit people who have contacted them to request information. Very rarely (at intervals of several years), they take surveys of the immediate area of the church, to learn about the neighborhood, but that is not the normal form of visiting.
I'm thinking, Who's to say the hardwood floor thing wouldn't work with evanglists?
They offer me a brochure to read, and all I have to say is, "I'm sorry, I have hardwood floors." What will they use as a comeback for that?
If they look in or come in, I actually have tile and carpeting, but that just makes me out a liar. I wouldn't be a good member anyhow.