Ignitor Replacement

I need to replace the ignitor on the right front top burner on my Whirlpool range, Model SF387LEGN3. Is this something I can do or is it to involved for the average DIY'r.

I have no idea of your mechanical talents, but it is usually not too hard. First step is to be sure it is the igniter.
There is a module that sends the electric to the unit to make the spark. There are four connections. You may want to try switching the two front burners to be sure it is the individual part, not just a connector. If the same one fails, replace it.
You can see the parts at www.repairclinic.com They show two numbers for electrodes http://www.repairclinic.com/0080.asp
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/