Iceburg in refrigerator icemaker

We have a Whirlpool refrigerator with icemaker that is about 3 years old. Lately the icemaker seems so have developed a drip on the rear side of the icemaker tray. After a day or 2 a big chunk of ice develops in the back of the tray. The rest of the icemaker works okay and drop ice cubes into the pan normally. Do I have to spring for a whole new icemaker mechanism or is there something I can do to prevent this?
Doug and Patty
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Hi,
Model#?