Ice maker icing up

Hello group,
I have a Kenmore side by side with an ice maker. When it's ready to make more ice, the water comes in through the back of the freezer through an inlet valve and then down a small plastic trough to the ice maker. Lately, the water has been freezing up at the inlet, and the trough quickly ices over. I have to melt the ice back up the trough to the inlet to get it to fill correctly, but after a few days, it's iced over again. Any idea what needs replacing? Everything after the trough (the ice maker itself) is less than a year old and working fine.
Thanks for any advice.
unklerichie
Water inlet valve has slow leak. Back of fridge, way down, near the floor.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus